Extension / Addon (recommended)
The best and easiest way to install PrivacyWall in your Browser is to install our extension. To install our extension either go to www.privacywall.org and click "Add PrivacyWall " in the top right or use the direct links to our extensions. We offer web extensions for Chrome and Firefox.
Add PrivacyWall Search using OpenSearch
If you prefer to not install our extension or use another browser, you can install our search engine using OpenSearch. OpenSearch allows you to add PrivacyWall as your default search engine. OpenSearch is supported by Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Yandex, Vivaldi and many more.
To set PrivacyWall as your search engine with OpenSearch
- Open your browser
- Open a new tab and go to www.privacywall.org
- Go to your browser settings and look for the search settings and click the button to edit or add your search engines (sometimes the search settings are under advanced settings or the like)
- If your browser supports OpenSearch you will now see PrivacyWall as an option in the list of search engines
- Activate it and make sure to also set it as the default
Make sure you have no other extension installed that sets or overrides your search engine settings.
Adding PrivacyWall Search manually
If your browser does not support OpenSearch you might still have the option to manually add a search engine. Usually you need to provide some of the following values in order to do that:
- Name: PrivacyWall
- Address/URL: https://www.privacywall.org/search/secure/?q=%s
- Auto suggestions URL: https://www.privacywall.org/search/suggest.php?q=%s&type=list
Note: You might have to replace "%s" in the above with another value based on your browser.